So I must admit I have blinders on a bit when it comes to this weekend. I have a busy live schedule of wrestling and am really excited. Friday afternoon I'll be in Ann Arbor to take in some wrestling between Michigan and Illinois. On Sunday, I'll be in Mount Pleasant to watch Central Michigan try to knock off Missouri for the MAC throne. Kevin's travel is restricted with baby #2 due any moment, but if you are at these duals and want to say hello please feel free to hit me up at the @Bloodround twitter account.
Of course, outside of my busy schedule for the weekend we are in the middle of dual season with a great slate of awesome matches. Here are some to look forward to.
Side note: support your local wrestling teams! Go to matches! It's very important to our wrestling communities and health as programs for us to go to matches.
Illinois @ Michigan
- IMar and Brian Murphy have never met in college. It appears nobody can stop IMar, but if anyone was to do it maybe a funky wrestler like Murphy would be the guy to blemish the perfect record. Brunson and Mahaomes would be interesting, but we haven't seen Brunson. Zane Richards & Rossi Bruno have a huge match at 133 as well.
Nebraska @ Penn State
- Nebraska is a dangerous dual team with the ability to make things interesting in Cael land. Tim Lambert trying to knock off Megaludis will highlight some interesting matches.
Iowa @ Wisconsin
- Iowa should cruise in this dual for the overall team score. However, don't sleep on the 133 matchup between Clark & Taylor. They split matches two years ago at 125. The second match was when Taylor beat Clark at Big Tens in Madison and then taunted the Iowa crowd. After a disappointing Midlands, Alex Meyer has to face a dangerous Ricky Robertson.
Cornell @ Harvard
- Possible shocking upset? Cornell has their big three horses that are national championship contenders, but those guys can only score so many points. Harvard has been kind of sneaky good this year coming off a nice win over Duke. Can they take advantage of Cornell's weak spots to possibly pull off an Ivy shocker?
Rutgers @ Minnesota
- Ashnault will try to rebound with a tough match against freshman Tommy Thorn as Rutgers tries to take advantage of the struggling Gophers for a big program win.
Nebraska @ Ohio State
- Talk about a weekend for Tim Lambert as he also has to face Tomasello to go along with Megaludis. DiJulius vs Montoya, Hunter Steiber vs Sueflohn, and Courts vs Dudley provides a slate of interesting matches. This certainly isn't going to be an easy rebound match for the Buckeyes.
Missouri @ Central Michigan
- At some point the Chippewas want their MAC crown back. This Sunday will be a tall task, but I do feel like CMU is underrated at this point. Maybe having the home gym advantage will boost the Chips in the swing matches. McGhee vs Fleetwood, Synon vs Keener, Manley vs Horan, Mayes vs Heffernan, and Butler vs Ottinger makes this dual a lot more up for grabs than probably expected at first glance.